Monday, October 11, 2010

What am I doing starting a blog?

It seems strange to me, putting thoughts out there, not knowing who will read it -- or why on earth they'd care. But my primary motivation for starting a blog is to record my parenting journey as my husband and I plan for another tour through Vicki Hoefle's Parenting on Track Program. We've been working with Vicki's program for the last year and have seen tremendous shifts in our family. And we have found many more joyful moments together as a result.
So much of Vicki's program is based on parents reflections and work to understand themselves better as well as their children -- and I have reflected in private journals about my journey and our journey as a family. I've decided for this round through Vicki's 12 week program I will challenge myself to report our experience through this blog.
This blog -- the good, bad and the ugly -- is dedicated to my fabulous children -- and it is for them that I plan to keep myself honest throughout the process by regularly recording our experience.

1 comment: